Pages

Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Tribute

 
BEAR ROSADO
2001 - 2014
 
My dog, Bear, passed away on June 5, 2014 from seizures. He was 14 years old. He was a great boxer. Bear was the highlight of my evening. A purpose for me to be home. He was such a smart animal. He loved to play freeze tag (yes he knew how to play freeze tag), peek-a-boo, loved his walks, and he loved me. My protector and baby. We tend to nurture our animals as if they are one of us; actually they truly are, and sometimes they are better than human kind. He would get in trouble, just at my kids and he would get punished, just as they would too. He knew my routine and knew it well. Bear would wait at the window for me to come home and gallop like a horse until I would pet him, squeeze his cheeks and sat next to him for a few minutes. Through my diminishing relationships, Bear knew my pain and he comforted me by just being next to me, sometimes on top of me; because he wanted you to know that even though I'm hurting, he's there to comfort me.
 
 
 
Bear was never sick. One day, he couldn't get up. I took him to the animal hospital where he was diagnosed as having severe seizures from old age. It never dawned on me that I would ever lose him. I felt he would be with me forever. After 2 days of medications, the Dr.'s said if he has another attack we have to put him to rest. As I sat next to him in the hospital, he tried his best to get up. He picked up his paws and tried but he was too week and tired. He had another attack and I had to do the most dreadful thing, to put him down. The Dr. asked if I wanted to stay. I told her yes! I was his mommy and I was going to be there with him to the end as he was always with me. Thru thick and thin. I kissed him, hugged him, and told him how sorry I was that I couldn’t do anything to help him. Then he was gone. As tears rolled down my eyes, I cried uncontrollably, sobbing, all I felt was an overwhelming pain in my heart. I lost my child. My protector. My comforter. My pumpkin.
 
It’s been a tough year without him. Things are not the same. A whole year has passed and my heart is still heavy with pain. I had him cremated and placed him in his favorite spot in the house; for he was never an outside dog. I kiss him every day, I hold him, and I cry with him. People look at me like I'm crazy to cry for a "dog", but not everyone are dog lovers. It takes a unique person with a huge heart  for animals to love them.

No comments:

Post a Comment